These are items that you can start with
- A quick boost in distance so you can run at a later part of the map.
- Stacks with Character's Start Dash and Tapio's special ability.
- Pushes Fever Mode back. (Should the fever meter reach 100%, Fever cannot start unless Sky Fly and Start Dash has ended. The fever meter will remain at 100% until they end. At that point, the fever mode starts. Note also that the next fever will start later due to the meter starting at 0% after fever has ended. In other words, there is no carry-over.)
- Sometimes the game will prompt you for a 2x Start Dash score for 2 Rubies.
- Protection from fireball, icicle spikes, monsters, and poison clouds.
- Does not protect from falling into a pitfall, or getting trapped at the edge of the screen (crushed).
- Sometimes the game will prompt you if you want to upgrade the Barrier to a Resurge for a few rubies.
- Resurge grants you protection from a pitfall or being crushed.
- When dragon is evolved, the barrier will not disappear should you fall or are crushed while the dragon still has refresh.
- Grab some final points.
- Stacks with the special ability of some Legend summons.
- If your current character's run has ended, pass the baton to the next runner.
- Set the relay follow-up runner in the character selection screen.
- If you equip a second Relay via Whiteyboo, the second relay will use your designated relay character.